Saturday, December 27, 2008

Bill Magee : Blues Complex

Oh yeah! 

Last night's Bill Magee show was live and loud. 
His Hendrix-ian trail of foot-stomping, good time blues-rock, kept the party going til the midnight hour (and way beyond). Most impressive, the guy's got a legendary sustain on his axe that betrays gravity. His tasty rock-styled solos and scritchy-scratchy rhythm playing makes him one of the most captivating guitarists I've seen in a long time! 
Hail! Hail! Rock N Roll!

My friend from Queens had just got to town. 
She ordered a Hennesey French Martini.
I'd never heard of such a drink.
Must be an East coast thing?!?
I dunno.

Bill Magee brought the house down.
That's all that matters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was the drummer on that gig and I have to tell you that Harvelle's is one of the best places to play in the country. And after a 30+ career playing everywhere that says a lot.
Everything about Harvelle's is top notch! From the door man, waitresses, bartenders, sound man, management, audience, everything. Made us feel like Kings.
Thank you!! Can't wait to come back.
Guy