Saturday, April 24, 2010

Joe Louis Walker : Hipstamatically


Recently, I've started shooting all the photos in this blog with the Hipstamatic™ app for the iPhone. I've had pretty good feedback about it's usage, and it's exclusive incorporation will continue until further notice.

My only concern is that in using it - in lieu of my standard digital- am I allowing the medium to direct the artist? Why don't I use the standard iPhone camera? Or one of the other camera apps that doesn't look as "kitschy"?

One of the reasons I enjoy writing about Harvelle's is that they book these absolute blues legends, and with that in mind -Am I doing a disservice by capturing them in lesser quality than I have access to?

Joe Louis Walker is a hi-fi stone-cold ever-lovin' 40-foot-tall embodiment of "The Blues".

I hope my pix will do him some kind of justice.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: